Physicians, Medical residents and fellows, CRNAs and other employees affiliated with University of Colorado Health Sciences Center who purchase their individual disability insurance through Set for Life Insurance are eligible for exclusive discounts.
Medical residents may purchase $1000 to $5000/month benefit regardless of income and group benefits in force. Graduating medical residents and fellows in their last 180 days of residency may purchase up to $7500/month.
If you predict your income may be greater than $350,000 in the future, you may consider purchasing benefits from more than one company as you will be limited to $15,000/month benefit if you purchase with only one company. Purchasing from more than one company will allow you to eventually purchase up to $25,000/month benefit without further medical underwriting.
Discounts are permanent and apply to all future increases up to $15,000/month benefit. Policies must be purchased prior to graduation and require medical underwriting. These discounts are a flat 20%. Additionally, the policies are unisex. This means that it reduces the cost for women up to 55%.
Medical residents working at affiliated hospitals are also eligible. These include:
- Children’s Hospital of Denver
- Denver Health Medical Center
Policies are own occupation and specialty specific. Policies can be designed and tailored to your needs. To receive the discounts, applications must be submitted through Set for Life Insurance.
Why Choose Set for Life?
When it comes to working with medical residents and physicians, Set for Life “sets” itself apart from the rest.
- Discounts. Set for Life has spent almost 20 years building relationships and setting up discounts around the country at most major hospitals. These discounts save Set for Life clients between 15-55% (depending on company and gender).
- Expertise. Set for Life principals are highly educated and have a high degree of expertise in the field of insurance.
- Objectivity. Set for Life is a brokerage working with the top available companies in the marketplace. They will do an analysis and comparison before advising you to ensure you have found the best policy suitable to your needs.
- Client Experience. Set for Life clients are valued and are treated in a professional yet down to earth environment. Milestones and policy anniversaries are celebrated.
Based in Greenwood Village, CO, Set for Life Insurance is licensed in all 50 states.
For more information about disability insurance for medical residents affiliated with University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, contact Set for Life Insurance today!