- The Americans with Disabilities Act – The Americans with Disabilities Act in its entirety
- Disability Info.gov – Federal government disability-related information and resources
- The National Organization on Disability – The latest on disability-related news, information and resources from N.O.D.
- Life Insurance Foundation for Education LIFE
- This is a non-profit organization creating awareness about the importance of life, disability and long term care insurance. Their information is objective and they offer great calculators and information.
Health & Wellness Information
- American Heart Association – Heart disease prevention and healthy lifestyle tips
- The Arthritis Foundation – Information on how to prevent or treat arthritis
- American Cancer Society – Information on cancer prevention or screenings taking place in your neighborhood
- American Diabetes Association – The American Diabetes Association is the nation’s leading nonprofit health organization providing diabetes research, information and advocacy. The mission of the Association is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- MedlinePlus – Information on over 700 diseases and conditions, lists of hospitals and physicians, a medical encyclopedia and a medical dictionary
Financial Protection Information
- American Council of Life Insurers – Consumer information and resources on disability income insurance to protect your financial security in the event of a disability
- America’s Health Insurance Plans – Information and consumer guides on health and disability insurance
- Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education – Information and education about life, health, disability and long-term care insurance
- Social Security – Social Security pays benefits to people who cannot work because they have a disabling medical condition. View information on eligibility and the amount of benefits you could receive.
- Workers’ Compensation – Workers’ compensation provides benefits if you have been injured or become ill while on the job. View information about Workers’ compensation and a link to all 50 states’ workers’ compensation board Web sites and addresses and phone numbers of state agencies.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners – The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has created the Insure U – Get Smart About Insurance program to help consumers make educated decisions about insurance protection that they made need. Visit their site if you need insurance protection or to get additional information on life, home, health, renters, or auto insurance.
- International DI Society – Consumer information about the disability industry from producers, insurers, regulators, and educators.
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors NAIFA. This is the largest association in the insurance industry composed of agents, brokers and company representatives.