Have you ever considered what would happen if an unexpected illness or injury prevented you from working in your medical field? How would you manage your financial responsibilities, including bills and living expenses? These are crucial questions that every medical professional should address, and the solution lies in disability insurance. In this article, we will delve into the complexities of disability insurance and introduce you to Set for Life Insurance, a trusted partner for physicians, medical residents, and professionals since 1993. Discover how they can assist you in making informed decisions to secure your financial future effectively.
LSU Health Sciences Disability Insurance for Medical Residents
Medical residents at LSU have a unique opportunity to secure their financial future through a Guaranteed Standard Issue (GSI) policy. GSI policies simplify the application process by offering coverage without extensive medical underwriting, ensuring you get the highest quality policy at discounted rates with minimal hassle.
Key features of GSI policies for LSU medical residents:
- Graduating medical residents can purchase up to $7,500/month in benefits with options for $7,500/month increases. Total maximium benefit up to $15,000/month.
- All medical residents can purchase up to $5,000/month in benefits with options for up to $10,000/month increases.
- Policies all have own occupation definitions of disability including extra surgical specialty language.
- Additional benefits include residual/partial disability riders, cost of living riders, and guaranteed premiums for the life of the policy.
- GSI applications do not require medical questions, simplifying the process.
- Ensure you secure your GSI policy before considering other disability insurance options.
- GSI policies are available to medical residents until September 30th of their graduation year.
For more information about LSU GSI Disability Insurance or to apply today, visit www.setforlifeinsurance.com/gsi.
LSU Disability Insurance for Physicians
Tufts provides a group disability policy for all physicains. However, there are a few limitations and considerations:
- Policies are paid for by the employer. As such, benefits are taxable at the time of claim.
- Policies are limited to a maximum benefit level.
- Policies are not portable if you leave.
- Most people supplement their group policy with an individual policy to bridge the gaps.
Set for Life Insurance: Your Trusted Disability Insurance Partner
Set for Life Insurance has been specializing in assisting physicians, medical residents, and professionals for nearly three decades. As independent brokers, they offer invaluable guidance in selecting the right disability insurance coverage tailored to your unique circumstances and future goals. Their expertise allows you to assess your existing policies, identify coverage gaps, and make informed choices to protect your financial well-being.
Set for Life Insurance has earned recognition in prominent publications, including The White Coat Investor and KevinMD, attesting to their credibility and commitment to providing the best solutions for medical professionals.Set for Life Insurance offers exclusive discounts through multiple insurance companies, ensuring you get comprehensive coverage without overpaying.
For more information about disability insurance for physicians and medical residents, request a quote comparison today!