Choosing the right websites to research and purchase life and disability insurance is one of the biggest challenges facing consumers today. There are hundreds to choose from. Most of them state they have the most competitive rates available and advertise you won’t have to work with a salesperson.
However, you may not be aware that your privacy may be compromised. Some websites sell your information to multiple agents. Other websites may not offer the full line of life insurance products available. Most major insurance companies try to direct you to their products only without a comparison of other company’s products.
Therefore, is important to choose your insurance website carefully.
- Look for a company where you will work with their brokers directly and won’t sell your information.
- Look for a company that works as independent brokers that can guide you to find the best products for your needs.
If you find a website with these qualities, you will not need to shop further!
Here is a brief description of the different types of websites:
- Life Insurance Lead Generation Website
These lead generation websites are owned and operated by people who are not licensed life insurance agents or brokers. These websites sell your information to multiple insurance agents and even some marketing websites. They try to get you to complete their online life insurance “quote request page” by promising spectacular discounts and offering cheaper and more comprehensive life insurance coverage. Once you complete their quote request form they sell your information to multiple insurance agents in your area. Subsequently you can expect to receive a series of phone calls from these local agents all competing for the sale.
2. Insurance Company Websites
The websites of major insurance companies will collect your information and send it to their local agents. The majority of these agents are captive. This means they are employees of this particular insurance company. This typically does not result in the agent shopping around for the best fit for the client. Typically, agents sell one company and do not shop around. This may result in a non-competitive policy for your situation. The product may or may not be the most suitable for your needs.
3. Term Life Only Website
These websites are properly licensed to sell life insurance and most handle leads by themselves and do not sell your information. However, depending on your situation, you may or may not be a candidate for term insurance. It is important to work with a professional to determine if term, permanent or some combination is best to fit your needs.
Set for Life Insurance is unique and can guide you to find the best fit for your needs.
- You will work directly with one of our experienced professionals. Our brokers all have at least a Master’s level of education as well as professional designations.
- All of the information you provide us is kept strictly confidential. Your information is never sold or distributed elsewhere. Your information is safe and secure in our hands.
- We work as independent brokers. We work on your behalf to find the most suitable product to fit your needs and budget.
For more information, contact us today at 888-553-3559.