A Guaranteed Personal Disability
Set for Life Insurance is a preferred disability insurance broker for Mayo Clinic Graduate Medical Education. We represent all major insurance companies and have exclusive pricing and policies only available to Mayo Clinic trainees that can follow you after graduation.
Most trainees tell us they are looking for disability insurance that:
- Protects their medical specialty (own-occupation medical specialty)
- Can be taken with them at graduation (portable)
- Is Guaranteed Standard Issue (GSI) with no health/Rx questions and no exam
- Can grow with them as their income grows (guaranteed future income options)
- Is affordable to meet the budget now; but still protect them as an attending
- Cannot be changed by the insurance company (guaranteed renewable; non-cancellable)
- Is from a reputable insurance company with history of insuring physicians in their specialty
Qualifying for a disability insurance policy can be difficult.
One of three things can happen when you apply for a policy:
- You can be declined and not offered a policy
- You can be approved; but with exclusions or a price increase because of pre-existing health/medication history
- You can be approved without penalty
Companies look back 20 years at health, medication, and injury history. Statistically, over half of all disability applications are either declined or receive a penalty/modification. That is why we are excited to announce the Guaranteed Standard Issue (GSI) program!
This program allows you to obtain a personal disability insurance policy that pays up to $15,000 a month tax free – on a guaranteed issue basis.
- True Own-Occupation with Enhanced Medical Specialty
- Permanent & Portable Policy. 20-30% Discount
- $15,000 Monthly Benefit Maximum
- Guaranteed Renewable and Non-Cancellable
- No exclusions for pre-existing conditions
- No medical health/history questions if first time applicant
- No exam or lab work required
- No price penalty