As an orthopedic surgeon, you have spent multiple hours, days, and years training to be able to work in your specialty. What would happen if you became too sick or injured and could no longer work as an orthopedic surgeon?
Protecting your income with a disability policy that covers you in your medical specialty as an orthopedic surgeon is critical. Without the specific language, your policy may not pay you if you were either able or retrained to work in another medical specialty or occupation.
What to look for in a disability insurance policy as an orthopedic surgeon:
- Own Occupation, Specialty Specific definition of disability. This definition states that if due to sickness or injury you could not perform the substantial and material duties in your occupation, it would pay a benefit, regardless of income earned elsewhere.
- Increase Options. This allows you to purchase more benefit in the future without further medical underwriting in the future. As your income increases, this allows you to purchase additional benefit without additional medical questions.
- Residual Rider. This is a partial disability insurance rider that will pay you a portion of your benefit proportionate to your loss of income. Most policies require at least a 15 or 20% or more loss of earnings to receive a benefit.
- Non cancelable, guaranteed renewable. This clause states that as long as you pay your premiums, the company can never increase your premiums or modify your contract.
- Discounts. Disability insurance can be expensive. Contact Set for Life to see if we already have discounts set up at your hospital. If not, we can help you implement. This can help save a substantial amount on your premiums.
At Set for Life Insurance, we know the importance of disability insurance firsthand. One of our clients, Dr. Jason R. was badly injured in a severe car accident on his first day as an attending. “Set For Life has been great to me in getting my specialty specific disability insurance plan set up as well as helping it function to my benefit. I was involved in a major car accident last year which almost took my life as well as almost ruined my career as an orthopaedic surgeon. Thank you, Set For Life, for all you have done.”
As a specialist, you know the importance of working with someone who specializes in their niche industry. Contact Set for Life Insurance today to help you protect your hands, your dreams, your income and your future!
Get Orthopedic Surgeon Disability Insurance Quotes Today
- Are You Prepared For a Disability?
- Disability Insurance Policy Provisions
- Individual vs. Group Disability Insurance
- Disability Shopping Tips
- Available Discounts
- Disability Insurance Process
Get Orthopedic Surgeon Disability Insurance by requesting a free quote today!