Disability Insurance Discounts | Oklahoma State University Health Sciences
Discounts on individual disability insurance are available through Set for Life Insurance for all employees, physicians, medical residents, medical fellows, CRNAs, nurses and executives of Oklahoma State University Health Sciences. This includes affiliations with OMECO Osteopathic Medical Education Consortium of Oklahoma.
These discounts include a flat 20% discount on all policies purchased through Set for Life. In addition to the 20%, the rates are unisex. Since women pay 40% or more on disability insurance than men, the unisex rates reduce their premiums even more significantly, up to 60%.
The policies all have the available policy features:
- Noncancelable, guaranteed renewable. Once the policy is in force, the company can never change the contract or increase the premium. The premiums are therefore permanent and apply to any future increases.
- True own occupation covering you in your medical specialty.
- Other riders available include residual, partial disability, the ability to increase the policy without medical underwriting at the discounted rates, COLA inflation rider and CAT catastrophic disability rider.
In addition to Oklahoma State University, employees of the following affiliated hospitals are also eligible for the discount:
- St. Anthony’s Hospital
- Medical Center of SE Oklahoma
- Integris SW Medical Center
- OSU Medical Center
- OSU Health Care Center
- University of AR for Medical Sciences
- Freeman Health Systems
- Tahlequah City Hospital
- Integris Bass Baptist
The discounts are also available for the medical residents who are training at OSU. To qualify for the discounts, applications must be submitted through Set for Life Insurance prior to graduation. These include the following residency programs:
- Family Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
About Set for Life Insurance: Set for Life insurance is a nationally recognized insurance brokerage who has helped thousands of medical residents and physicians with their life, disability and long term care insurance needs since 1993. They are independent brokers representing most available companies. They have the largest portfolio of available disability insurance discounts in the country.
For more information about disability insurance discounts available for employees of Oklahoma State University Health Sciences or to request a quote comparison, contact Set for Life Insurance today!