Disability insurance applications can seem overwhelming and daunting. Here is a guideline to help streamline the process:
1) Fill out the application as thoroughly as possible. Any time there is missing information, the company will need to create an amendment to the application answering the questions. This can also hold up the process when they need additional information.
2) Be prepared for your phone interview. Be sure to have the names and contact information of all of your doctors. Having this information available will help the company obtain the necessary information they need without having to go back and ask for more information.
3) Look at the application before your interview to jog your memory of any medical history in the last several years. The more accurate you are, the smoother the process will be.
4) Write legibly. If the company can’t read your handwriting, they will come back and ask you the questions again.
5) Submit your financial documents with your application. This again helps move along the process.
6) Complete your phone interview as quickly as possible. The earlier you complete your phone interview, the earlier the company can assess whether or not they need additional information or if they need to request medical records from your doctor.
For more information, contact Set for Life Insurance today!